Collectability of a 1950 F7 Alumacraft?

Stevum

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone tell me the value of this boat? I recently purchased it at a very reasonable price & renovated the 1971 25HP Johnson motor that came with it. I've never seen one with the factory center brace that at some point someone added a steering wheel, pulleys & cables to steer the motor. It's in very good shape for being 63 years old & it really flies with that much motor on it. I have included a few pictures for further help. Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• F7 LH side.jpg
    F7 LH side.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1
  • F7 Front.jpg
    F7 Front.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1
  • F7 RH side.jpg
    F7 RH side.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1
  • F7 Console.jpg
    F7 Console.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1
  • F7 Controls.jpg
    F7 Controls.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Collectability of a 1950 F7 Alumacraft?

Hey Stevum, kindof a cool looking rig you have there!

Well, it really depends on your local area. Here in the middle of Michigan you'd probably be in the $800 range, give or take.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I always liked the brand. Had one, almost bought another, had a friend with a couple, one of which was outfitted like this one with a '57 as I recall Johnson 33. Good boats but I have no idea as to current worth. Really more like what someone that likes them would give you for it.

Mark

Stevum

Seaman Apprentice

Well I guess I'm being pretty optimistic when I listed for sale on Craigslist (SD) When I checked on the price for a new 25 HP motor it's over $4700.00 from the local Mercury dealer (It's a 4 Stroke) so I thought I was being fairly reasonable with my price. The motor that's on it runs like a sewing machine! I'd love to hang on to it & the only thing holding me back is storage room. I live in a residential neighborhood on a Cul-de-Sac so it's not like I've got a few acres to park it on. (I've already got 4 boats & 2 canoes over there. Oh, I forgot to mention that it came with a really, really nice set of the AlumaCraft Aluminum sheathed oars. No splits or cracks anywhere...I've seen them go on Ebay for some big bucks. Well I'll just have to see if I get any bites. Thanks for the feedback & compliments!