• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dusky 1994 - 256 Hull Complete Rebuild

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusky 1994 - 256 Hull Complete Rebuild

Dear Sirs
    I am re-building my 256 cc dusky. The hull is from 1994. Unfortunately all the wood got termites including the stringers. Since I am rebuilding the boat I will like to know if you could help me with some information. Or if you could guide me in the process

• What Material do you recommend for the stringers? I was advice to use NIDA CORE. I just don’t want to use wood.
    • I was also told to strengthen the hull by making a second set of stringers or using transversal bulkhead. What do you recommend?
    • Any other advice I could use will be greatly appreciated

The stringers have termites but they are still hard, are there any poison or product I can use to kill the termites inside the stringers?

It is an old hull but I just like very much the ride and shape of the boat that is why I want to rebuild the boat. I will really appreciate your help by guiding me with the necessary information to make a good job with my boat.

I will update with pictures for future references

Best Regards
    Carlos
    Attached Files
Working...
X