• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.
  • **** The forums will be undergoing maintenance tonight approximately 9:30pm-midnight MDT. Thank you for your patience during this time. ****

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Goods INFO

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Goods INFO

I just purchased an Aluminum Goods Ltd. boat as well and also looking for the year. Mine is identical to the pictures accept painted black no windsheild 14'. I bought it, as it's still solid, a minor leak in the rear nothing a pump cannot remove and holds a 40hp Yamaha 2 stroke, it flys.

However I would like to do some restoration on it. With the information provided, I also have found very little on the company, I do have the model and serial number plate, and can tell my boat was originally painted blue at one time. Are these Aluminum Goods boat's classified as antiques?

Re: Aluminum Goods INFO

I for one have never ever heard of them. Local builder?
    1984 Lund S14 DLX, 35hp Evinrude on a Spartan Roller Tilt trailer.
    1988 Alumacraft Classic 16 under reconstruction.

Comment

Re: Aluminum Goods INFO

Aluminum Goods is Akcan. They were Toronto based and no longer in business. Contacting boat guys and marinas in that area may land you some info.

Aluminum Goods (Akcan) in Toronto, ON - Boat Manufacturers
      Building "The Hulk": http://forums.iboats.com/boat-restor...ge-621881.html

Comment

Working...
      X