Looking for Advice on Carpet Replacement 18ft Triton Fish and Ski 2002

Natty Light

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Scooter3.jpgSo the me, the wife, and the kids just spent 9 days boating and all thing boating related.
My kids are young. 5, 2, and 1 year old.
Needless to say they went toe to toe with the boat carpet and won handily.
I'm far from mad though. My kids enjoyment is more important to me than keeping the carpet perfect.
Usually I can scrub the carpet with a brush and soap and bring it back to life.
This time the stains may have come up but the carpet has begun to unglue and wear to the point that I'm thinking of replacement. The rest of the boat is in awesome condition so I'd like the carpet to come back up to spec.

Questions.
1. What is the cost of having the carpet replaced at a dealer?
2. What other options may serve me better? I want my family to still be comfortable and can't imagine spray in liners giving that same comfort. Correct me if I'm wrong.
3. Snap in carpet. What would it take to convert over? How does that work with bass boat style decks? I have a lot of carpeted storage and can't seem to put my mind around how that would work.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Re: Looking for Advice on Carpet Replacement 18ft Triton Fish and Ski 2002

Have you looked into vinyl flooring?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

remove the carpet and do not reinstall. Carpet does not belong in small boats. You don't put it around a swimming pool, do you?

NYBo

Admiral

You don't put it around a swimming pool, do you?
Actually, some people do.;)

But I agree that it's not the best choice for a fishing boat.

doyall

Petty Officer 1st Class

Closed cell EVA foam, sold under a variety of brand names, is something for you to consider. A bit more costly than standard boat carpet but well worth it IMO. You could probably DIY. I will never install anything else again. Do some intertube searches for the various manufacturers.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

remove the carpet and do not reinstall.

Carpet belongs where ever you want it. People have it around their pools, in their bathrooms, etc. If it makes the family happy, then it belongs. In a bass boat? Sure...as long as you can remove it or don't mind dealing with blood or fish scales.

Look at Boat Carpet by Custom Marine Carpet

Make a template, send to them, and they create it with what ever color & style of carpet you like. They send it back with snaps and you install the hardware. Out with the family? Snap it in for comfort. Out fishing? take it out.

We have carpet on the flybridge and cockpit of our boat and it is very comfortable and cool underfoot. when it gets dirty, I take it out, spray it with a little Resolve carpet cleaner, hit it with the pressure washer and reinstall. It's 5 years old and looks great. Fresh water, saltwater, Kool-aid spills, ketchup mishaps, a little blood from my foot....it all comes out.