1954 chris craft

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice
I am currently redoing a 1954 Chris Craft kit boa looking for any info or knowledge of how much these boats are worth. it is a 16ft express crusier and it is an outboard, been lokking other places and have seen other kit boats but none like mine and i will post pictures soon.

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1954 chris craft

Ok, thank you for the sites will definatley check them out.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

I put $5,000 into a restoration and had it appraised at $10,000. They were going for more than that on E-Bay at the time. That was 6 years ago.

Today I have seen the very same model in equal condition with an asking price of $4,000 and its going unsold.

The depression we're in has killed the antique boat market. What you have going for you is that its a Chris Craft.

If your intent is to make money, stop now and part it out and maybe you'll break even. Or, you can do like me and use the boat like it was intended to be used and have years of priceless enjoyment.

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but now I might just keep it and have some fun with it. Also as it stands i bought the boat for $400 and only have about $300 in wood so far but thats with out the plywood and paint for the bottom, and the wood and varnish to finish the deck.

Ned L

Commander

I see you got a couple of replies on the "Woodenboat" web site too. I agree with Lew, they don't command the high value of the mahogany runabouts & speedboats, but can still be a great way to get out on the water. Enjoy it!

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you for the insight about my boat. When I bought it I realized that it wasn't going to command as high of a price as a maghgony runabout, but as a cheaper option to gain expirence with wood boats, and to get into a wood boat as i am 17 and when I bought it I was 16 so I did not have alot of cash on hand. So I saw this as something I might keep to enjoy and be proud of.