1996 Pro Craft Glove box fell off :) Help!

pokerfish19

Cadet
Hi all,
I'm pretty new here and looked on the site for info but couldn't find what i wanted. I just bought this 1996 Pro Craft 200 Combo and took it out for the first time today and the glove box fell off. the screws are stripped and you can see 1063693_10201558101344606_729739877_o.jpgthat they are not going back in there. I'm wondering what i can do to fix this? any help would be great!! THank you!!

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1996 Pro Craft Glove box fell off :) Help!

May have had one of those a couple decades ago. A few things come to mind... 1st and possibly easiest is to install a piano hinge, but it would not look original by a long shot. Possibly a piece of aluminum behind the dash to screw into? Hard to say as I don't recall the configuration. Plastic to plastic? If so a good epoxy may hold...

pokerfish19

Cadet

the hinge is metal and it screws into the fiber glass, noway to get a nut on it. So i was thinking some kind of fill and then re-screw it?

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

How about a backing plate so the same thing does not happen again?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How about a pic of the glove box and screw locations. I have an idea but have to see the box first. A boat pic doesn't help much.

pokerfish19

Cadet

How about a pic of the glove box and screw locations. I have an idea but have to see the box first. A boat pic doesn't help much.

Glove box1.jpgGlove box2.jpg

Took me a while but here are the pics. I'm guessing I can just fill these holse with some type of filler and re screw them in?
Thanks for you help.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Get a stick of epoxy that you cut a chunk off and knead it. Force it into and fill the holes then you have 2 choices........ drill and re-install the screws or ....-re-install the screws and let the epoxy harden whit the screws in there..... either way should be fine with the latter being more permanent

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Bob has the idea.