1992 Ski Brendella: Neutral Safety Switch Location?

jake69chevy

Recruit
Does anyone know where the neutral safety switch is on a 1992 Ski Brendella? It has the Ford 351 PCM engine. I need to test or possibly even adjust it as I have an intermittent 'No Crank, No Start' issue. (The switch is NOT in the shift/throttle handle lever I already looked and there are no wires going to the lever)

salty87

Commander
Re: 1992 Ski Brendella: Neutral Safety Switch Location?

if it has a velvet drive it's on the transmission. disconnect the cable at the transmission and move the lever by hand. there's in indent you'll feel when it's in neutral. you should be able to adjust that end of the cable by screwing the little brass connector up or down.

jake69chevy

Recruit

Oooops! I missed this, What is a 'velvet drive'?

jake69chevy

Recruit

OK, so I put an Ohm meter across the switch and when the engine would not crank, I measure OL on the Ohm meter. When the boat would start (after moving the gear selector), I measured normal resistance across the NSS. However, I removed the switch, and it seems to test normal. I am going to replace it and go from there. I don't believe the cable is out of adjustment, because I can see the transmission gear selector is TDC (straight up/down) along with the throttle/gear selector. I am going to buy it online...