Replacement Crownline windshield.

James76

Cadet
Hi, can anyone help me with some info for suppliers of replacement boat glass please?

I have a 1998 Crownline 210 CCR, and a friend slipped the other evening and smashed the right hand windshield glass. My problem is I am in Scotland and we have nobody over here that can supply the shaped glass. Ideally I want to replace it in glass as original, but if I need to I will have a perspex one made up.

Thanks in advance, James.

James76

Cadet
Re: Replacement Crownline windshield.

Hi, can anyone help me with some info for suppliers of replacement boat glass please?

I have a 1998 Crownline 210 CCR, and a friend slipped the other evening and smashed the right hand windshield glass. My problem is I am in Scotland and we have nobody over here that can supply the shaped glass. Ideally I want to replace it in glass as original, but if I need to I will have a perspex one made up.

Thanks in advance, James.

Well, I'm really struggling with this windshield! Estimates are circa $4000 for glass, or circa $500 for Plexiglass. Plexiglass would be preferable, but being based in the UK I need to strip the frame off and send it to the US!!

Does anyone out there know of any boat yards or breakers that currently has a Crownline 210CCR from the late '80s???

Any help would be appreciated, as I am struggling over here!!!

doyall

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Replacement Crownline windshield.

... Any help would be appreciated, as I am struggling over here!!!

Don't know if it will help but I frequently see used Crownline glass for sale, obviously by salvage yards, on eBay US. Even if one doesn't have the exact piece you need currently for sale they could potentially direct you to another salvage yard that does not sale on eBay or may even know of some other alternative they could share with you. After all, that is what they do.

And I suppose that Craigslist in the UK is similar to Craigslist in the US. Still must be very careful with purchases not made in person. In any case, here is a link (if iBoats allows it) to a search engine that will search all US CL ads: Nationwide Craigslist Search Engine