Swim Step/Platform Mounting Location

1stgenbird

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 19' Silverline with a 165hp I/O and want to mount a small swim platform with a 2-step ladder on the starboard side of the stern. Ideally the platform would be mounted centered between the outdrive and the edge of the hull. However, doing so would interfere with the stern tow hooks. I can move the platform closer to the hull edge to clear the tow hooks but I think it will still be too close. Will mounting this close to the tow hooks be an issue? Should I be concerned with the tow rope hitting the bracket during a sharp turn to starboard or not?

I have no experience towing skiers or boarders as this boat is fairly new to me as I bought it end of summer last year and only used it a couple of times and I have not owned a boat capable of towing before.

Here are two pics of where I want to mount.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 0

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: Swim Step/Platform Mounting Location

Nothing wrong with mounting it where you have it pictured. However, I prefer the swim step to be on the port side of the boat so that I can see anyone on/around it from the helm on the starboard side without having to turn my head all the way around. The tow rope won't likely touch the swim platform, and even if it does, it won't have enough lateral force on it to do any damage.

1stgenbird

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Swim Step/Platform Mounting Location

Thanks for the reply.

I would prefer the swim platform on the port side but chose to mount on the starboard side as I may want to mount a kicker motor in the future and from what I have read on the forum, kicker motors are best on the port side.

Do you think centering the platform more so the rail is even closer to the tow hook would be a problem?