• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayliner. Broken Grab Handle In The Bow

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayliner. Broken Grab Handle In The Bow

i just bought a 96 Bayliner Capri 2050 LS w/ 5.7L.
    on my first run with it i broke my grab handle at the bow. its located starboard side, just above the back cushion. now i cant seem to see how the back cushion comes out, and peeking through the crack from prying it away from the fiberglass there dosnt appear to be a "window" to access these bolts for the grab handle...
    has anyone come accross this problem or have the know how to replace or repair these handles?

also while i am here, is there a book made for these boats similar to a "Haynes Manual" for cars?

cheers,
    Siahnide

Re: Bayliner. Broken Grab Handle In The Bow

Welcome to iboats!

I'm not aware of any manual that is for all boats, but Seloc Marine does a line of Haynes Manual type books for marine engines. The link is here: Seloc Marine Engine Repair Manuals - Seloc Manuals

You will also find lots of good information here on engine and boat issues.

Put up some photos of the problem you are having, so we all know what you are talking
    Peter
    Northern Ontario, Canada

1968-71 Naden N-16 Big Fisherman
    History of Naden Boats

Comment

Seloc manuals just cover mechanical.......not trim/upholstery.

Comment

I had a 2005 Bayliner 185 BR and I seem to remember that my side panels slid down and sort of locked into place -- no bolts. Came out with a nice upward bump/push.
        SDSeville
        1986 19' Sea Ray Seville BR (restored 2011)
        Merc 470 A679763/Alpha 1
        http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=380371
        Speedi-sleeves, Breezeworks alternator conversion, 4" heat exchanger (stock that year), Electric fuel pump

Comment

here are some pictures of the grab handle that im talking about. starboard side broken. port side still good.

SDSeville, I understand what your saying and I did try that, putting quite a bit of effort pulling up from the bottom, and with no movement.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes there are screws in the seams (between the grey and white)
            SDSeville
            1986 19' Sea Ray Seville BR (restored 2011)
            Merc 470 A679763/Alpha 1
            http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=380371
            Speedi-sleeves, Breezeworks alternator conversion, 4" heat exchanger (stock that year), Electric fuel pump

Comment

And Seloc manuals on hap hazardly cover the engine. I wouldn't waste my money on one.
              2008 Tahoe Q7i 5.0L MPI Mercruiser/Alpha One Gen II Drive
              14.25 x 17 Michigan "Apollo" 3 blade Stainless (From iboats store)

Comment

The pads may be held in place with double ended christmas tree clips. You will need to pop off the pads and replace the clips that break along the way. I know this from experience. Have a whole bag of them that I bought.

Knowing how Bayliner does things, very possible that the handle was installed before the top and bottom of the boat were put together. You may have to get the pad off and create an access hole.
                1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 24 Cuddy
                Volvo Penta Duo-Prop 7.4L "LK"

2006 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21
                Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI
                "Common sense is not very common"
                "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." -- John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                X