Shore Power question on a 1990 Sea Ray 350 Sundancer

I hope I can get an answer here. I purchased the above boat late last year. Few weeks ago I noticed no shore power indicated on my main. Went to the dock side hook up and found the female dockside receptacle one leg showing burn. On my shore power the same leg showed burn spot also. When I plugged into another box, no problem. Marina sent electrician out and replaced the dock side plu. The main is an old style. 30amp. Twist but ship side does not really lock, kinda hangs and NOT weather proof.
Here is a question. My boat has 2 separate AC/heat units. Larger forward, smaller aft. I believe each draws 10amps on start up. Add to it the larger fridge, separate Ice maker, micro wave, electric stove, built in vacuum, and the list goes on.
The boat has 2 boatside outlets. I have been using a splitter at the boat 2 into 1. Then on the the dockside power with the 1.
I read the books Sea Ray has for this boat new. It gives no advice as to if I need 2 separate power cords to to at the dock or is it okay to go 2 into 1? Did my 2 into 1 burn the receptacle or just crappy plug at dock?
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I do appreciate.
Gator

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Shore Power question on a 1990 Sea Ray 350 Sundancer

you are running both 30 amp circuits off of one 30 amp cord??? If so then you need to either get a second cord or run less stuff... There are two separate inlets for a reason

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Shore Power question on a 1990 Sea Ray 350 Sundancer

What smoke said. If your marina is anything like most (all?) around here, you'll only have a single 30-amp shore power receptacle available to you. I have that situation and use a splitter as you do. I have 2 30-amp plugs on the boat- one's dedicated to the A/C, the other is for everything else. If I'm using the electric stove and/or microwave oven, I need to turn off the A/C. 30 amps will only go so far.

If you have 2 shore power receptacles available on the dock, you should run a separate power cord from each to the boat.

My .02