1997 Crownline 25CR - Anchor Line?

MarniW

Recruit
We just bought our 1st power boat and have lots to learn. We have a line in the bow for an anchor. We pulled it out through the hole to see how long it is and discovered we have no clue how to get it back in the hole. Is there an automatic retractor button someplace? The boat's owner manual is totally useless. And help would be appreciated. Thanks.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1997 Crownline 25CR - Anchor Line?

Is there a switch located on your helm anywhere that says "windlass?"

tpenfield

Staff member

Welcome to iBoats . . .

A picture (or 2) would be great. I'm thinking that the boat should have an anchor locker in the bow somewhere (maybe). Unless the 'hole' is a deck pipe that the previous owner has added. If so, you may have to hand feed the anchor rode back in through the hole :noidea:

Where does the anchor reside in relation to this 'hole' ?

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Hi, Marni. Definitely need pics, 'cause something doesn't add up (for me). Express cruisers are pretty similar in a given size class, and a 25'er should have a fairly large locker right at the bow that opens from outside the boat. That locker stores the anchor and rode (anchor line). You just dump the rode into the locker as you retrieve the anchor. Rode doesn't feed through a hole in the deck unless the boat is equipped with an anchor windlass... and that's rare on a 25' boat.

My .02

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Rode doesn't feed through a hole in the deck unless the boat is equipped with an anchor windlass... and that's rare on a 25' boat.

not true... many boats, both smaller and bigger than 25' have a deck pipe which IS a hole in the deck with a cap. the anchor rode is either fed into them from above or pulled in from below after being strategically coiled on the deck or a combination of both with two people