1986 doral Cavalier water heater

larryandterry

Recruit
Hello all

This is my first time here, so I am not sure if I am posting correctly.
I recently purchased a 1986 Doral Cavalier (22, 24, 26) foot, depending on whether I count
the pulpit and swim platform.
I am trying to locate the water heater, if it has one. I have not tried shore power but there is
a water heater switch on the panel. Was it an option in 1986?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Larry

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: 1986 doral Cavalier water heater

The switch on the panel is a good indicator that it had one. Look for a (roughly) 2'x2'x2' square box in the engine room that might or might not have hoses running between it and the engine. IF your boat came with a heater that's where it'll be. Many owners who don't use them, just remove them when they rust through and start leaking.

Oh, and welcome to iboats!

larryandterry

Recruit

Thanks Captain

The only box around that size is what I assume is the water tank. It is on the starboard side, by the firewall and has the
water pump attached. Is there a usual location for the water heater? OR Is this it and the water tank may be someplace else?

Larry

Bondo

Staff member

Thanks Captain

The only box around that size is what I assume is the water tank. It is on the starboard side, by the firewall and has the
water pump attached. Is there a usual location for the water heater? OR Is this it and the water tank may be someplace else?

Larry

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... If you've got a water heater, it'll have coolant hoses from the motor attached to it....