Looking for a new canvas enclosure......

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've been cruising the web looking for a company that has canvas enclosures for Trojan boats but every site I go to does not list Trojan as a manufacturer on their list. Anybody have any recommendations? I currently have an enclosure but it is missing some of the button snaps and the entry zipper door is quite small plus has some rips in the plastic where the zippers are stitched in on the rear window. I have an 87 Trojan 8.6 Meter with radar arch. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Looking for a new canvas enclosure......

pull it off and take it to a local upholstery shop they can use the old as a pattern to make a new one or they may be able to repair yours.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Yes, local shop for sure. It's the only way you'll get an enclosure that fits properly and snaps to the existing fittings. Another advantage is that the shop can modify and correct anything you didn't like about the original, like the too-small door.

My .02

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Don't take it off for a pattern. Canvas will shrink when the stretch is taken out of it. If a shop uses the old one as a pattern, the new one won't fit. Have them come to the boat with the canvas enclosure attached (as much as possible) and let them template and take measurements from that.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

^^^ What Fireman said ^^^

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don't take it off for a pattern. Canvas will shrink when the stretch is taken out of it. If a shop uses the old one as a pattern, the new one won't fit. Have them come to the boat with the canvas enclosure attached (as much as possible) and let them template and take measurements from that.

That's what I figured I would have to do. I think I'll just have them do the minor repairs because the canvas is still in excellent shape so it would be a waste to have a new custom one made up. Thanks for the help guys :wave: