Holding tank

agallant80

Commander
How long do you go without pumping out your holding tank? The boat has been on the trailer for three weeks with a full tank. Am I going to be in for something nasty when I go down to the bat this weekend?

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: Holding tank

I always kept our's less than half full between pump outs. I bet your slip neighbors are wearing gas masks when you arrive, from the stench escaping from the vented fitting.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

dude you must be dying from the smell .
my dads rv holding tank was full after one day. cuz my daughter any time she went to the washroom, she would hold down the flusher the whole time she peed .
filled up the holding tank. we were driving from ontario to nova scotia.
luckily i wasnt in the rv, i was driving the lead vehicle since i knew the way.
but for two hours we kept getting a text. "we need to find a pump out station" while we heard gagging and puking in the background

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

bah... with proper chemicals you can go for months.... they make drop is packs, liquids, powders... use whichever works for you

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

bah... with proper chemicals you can go for months.... they make drop is packs, liquids, powders... use whichever works for you

+++2 ^^^^^

Had some left over little bottles of the blue liquid after selling the travel trailer so after the holding tank has been pumped out, pour in a bottle with about a gallon of water and never had any smell; even sitting for weeks.

Mark