taylor made custom cover for 88 bayliner o/b?

irish1985

Seaman
i have a 15 foot 1988 Bayliner '1500 capri' outboard. I've been looking around at mooring covers. i need something to keep it dry/out of the sun while it's on my dock. i don't really need a cover intended for trailering since it stays on the lake all year (and indoors in the winter). i found this Taylor Made custom cover on iboats:

Bayliner 1500 Capri Boat Cover (Outboard) (Windshield) (1988 - 1989) Taylor Made Custom Boat Cover #53635 - iboats

'hot shot' acrylic coated. $239 in navy. 5 year warranty. for a 20+ year old boat, i don't necessarily need (nor can i afford) the best of the best, but i also don't want a piece of crap. anyone have any experience with Taylor Made? do you think this cover will fit my criteria?

the price sounds good for a custom cover...

thanks in advance!

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: taylor made custom cover for 88 bayliner o/b?

Errr, Taylor Made makes a large portion of the OEM canvas and boat covers for domestic boatbuilders. If the builders of our boat's use them, it's a safe bets it's not a POS. Can't tell you how this one will fit your boat, unfortunately.

JBinLV

Cadet

I bought a cover on amazon, didnt fit, sent it back. So I came over here and used the iboats cover finder for specific boats and I bought that exact cover you are talking about. Fits perfect and Ill bet it will last a long time. I am very happy with it.

irish1985

Seaman

Thanks guys. About to pull the trigger.

irish1985

Seaman

done and done. 2 day shipping was only 10 bucks so i opted for that instead of the free shipping.. should have it before the weekend. psyched!