No prime at bulb

hunter17

Recruit
I have a 91 Sea Nymph SS 175 with a built in gas tank-14 gal. I can find no literature telling me if there is a pick up tube below the fitting going in to the tank. The problem I am having is I cannot get fuel flow while pumping the bulb-replaced bulb same issue. Going to replace both fuel lines next but got to thinking maybe there is a pick up tube off? Does anyone know?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: No prime at bulb

try holding the bulb vertical with the outflow up.

or disconnect at the motor and see if anything comes out.

are you hearing it suck air? A fuel pick-up can be blocked (no air) or disconnected (air).

Anti-sypho9n valve (at the tank connection) might be hung up. Not all boats have these.

and No. 1: is there gas in the tank? (if that's the problem we won't hear back!)

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Try a different bulb - your mention of replacement bulb may point to the bulb itself.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

There is an outside chance that you could have installed the new primer bulb on backwards too. Easy to do... Check that the arrow on the bulb is pointing towards the engine and not the tank... Sound silly but it does happen...

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Another "trick" is to remove the bulb and then blow a little air into the line going back into the tank. Listen and you need to hear bubbles. If not the line is blocked or you are too low on fuel. (caution dont use more than 5 to 10psi air)