Tahoe deck boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Re: Tahoe deck boats

Don't get your feelings hurt because others don't like your brand of boat.

my feelings are not hurt i just want to understand why people hate it so much
i have gotten nothing but excellent service.
granted i didnt buy at bps.
i purchased it at a marina which is family owned and i went to highschool with both children
i was in the same class as my mechanic he refuses to let me waste money on things that arent needed
and they take care of me like i was family.
i am sure if i had a problem like the link they would have a new boat for me in less then a week.

h2odick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

my feelings are not hurt i just want to understand why people hate it so much
i have gotten nothing but excellent service.
granted i didnt buy at bps.
i purchased it at a marina which is family owned and i went to highschool with both children
i was in the same class as my mechanic he refuses to let me waste money on things that arent needed
and they take care of me like i was family.
i am sure if i had a problem like the link they would have a new boat for me in less then a week.

None of these points have anything to do with Tracker/Tahoe boats. You received excellent service from your dealer, the mechanic who treats you right does not work for Tahoe. As far as a "new boat" is concerned, if you had a catastrophic failure, I doubt your marina friends will turn around and give you a $40,000 boat in the event you had an issue. It would have to go through Tahoe first, just like in the link above.

Now, if you had the same thing happen to you as the other poor soul in the aforementioned link.. You would feel otherwise.

QC

Supreme Mariner

To me basing an opinion on Bayliners due to poor quality issues 20 - 40 years ago is similar to basing your opinion of Tahoe on one example. Neither is representative of all of their boats with all owners.

jestor68

Commander

I believe it would be a mistake to base your choice on an isolated warranty issue that was eventually resolved to the satisfaction of the owner.

It's interesting how some responders to these types of threads have no first hand knowledge of the brand; but are ready to put it down.

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Its unfortunate but most of the opinions you read about are based on hearsay from reading stories on the forums not personal experience. Bad reviews are always much more prevalent than good ones and they tend to steamroll and get exagerated. The added information is also many times distorted to the posters advantage because the real story is not always so cut and dried to the posters advantage. The makers of all boats see many claims that are refused because the owner was negligent in some way and voided the warranty. Having said that there are cases that the dealer is just crap and has no customer service it is rarely the manufacturers fault. Companies would not stay in business this way.

I do agree 100% with buying a slightly used boat and saving the new boat depreciation.

h2odick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My personal opinion of Tahoe boats comes from a long line of complaints I've heard from their OWNERS, not hearsay by people on this forum. Is every boat/boat manufacturer problem free? no.. Is there going to be complaints by boat owners in regards to a construction issue or problem with any manufacturer? absolutely..
Nobody out there is perfect. I felt this way about Tahoe long before this thread came along, the link posted earlier is just >1< example of the poor construction of a boat, and the poor warranty handling by that manufacturer. Its not always the mistake, or the mishap that occured, its HOW the manufacturer also HANDLES that mishap.

I'm a local business owner and everyone makes mistakes, but its all about how you handle that mistake and go on. If i make a mistake, I'm the first one to admit it and try to correct it. I'm not trying to beat up Tahoe owners at all, I like the look of their boats. I can't help but walk through the Tracker/Tahoe showroom everytime I goto BPS, just because I love boats and enjoy looking at them. They are pretty boats.

On the same token, 1 or 2 Tahoe owners opinions don't stand as factual information for the entire brand. Just because they have had a good experience and their boat isn't busted. I'm just one opinion one way, they are just another opinion going the other way. No big deal. Not trying to start a fight, I'm very pleased you guys have had nothing but good experiences with your Tahoe. Boat on! Hopefully we can hook up on the lake one day, I'll buy you guys an adult beverage (or a soda for the non-drinkers). :D:D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Not a swipe at you ^^^^^^^ at all, but I find the complaints go up regarding a manufacturer when experience goes down. Basically, I feel like the most experienced guys can make lemonade out of any lemon. With that said, I do care about brands sometimes from an almost purely emotional perspective. I am a SoCal guy like h2odick, so maybe he will recognize this, but I have a real issue with Commander. And it is not really rational. I have a buddy with one, and he loves it. And I have to admit, if it said Eliminator on it, I would probably love it too :facepalm:

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

No warranty and none was needed. I have had zero problems in the six years I've owned the boat.

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You definitely must weigh the money saved buying with no warranty versus new with warranty. Go the direction that makes the most financial sense to your situation.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

I'm glad there are many more that are happy with their Tahoe than unhappy. Hopefully, the builder found the problem and put controls in place so this can never happen again. The owner in question may be 'satisfied' with the boat now but I certainly would not be satisfied with the amount of time it took to resolve the situation or the lack of communication. I will never be in the market for any of their products but if I were looking for a new boat in that price range I'd find another builder. A 5 year hull warranty --- many come with a 10 year warranty and a few come with a lifetime warranty. The company with a better warranty feels their product will stand up with more confidence than one with a shorter one.

I believe it would be a mistake to base your choice on an isolated warranty issue that was eventually resolved to the satisfaction of the owner.

It's interesting how some responders to these types of threads have no first hand knowledge of the brand; but are ready to put it down.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

like i said previously my tahoe is an introductory model solid build if you are in doubt about tahoe.
look at them at bps but then go find a local mom and pop shop that deals with tracker you will get the best customer service ever
i know i would get a loaner boat while mine is getting repair work done.
the marina i purchased from dropped larson and went to tracker due to hull failures .
all boats get hull failures but the biggest problem is that bps was not in the op's corner fighting for him they just did the minimal work till he got a lawyer.

scgirl6

Cadet
We have a new 2008 Tahoe deck boat. We shopped around,and went to several boat shows before we found this boat and we love it. I only have one issue. We had a problem in 2013 with the bottom end gear scraping. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced the gears. A $2000 bill. Well low and behold 3 years later we have the same issue. So in the spring we will have it fixed again. We love the boat, the size, room, and design fits our fun and fishing life style. Did anyone else have an issue like this?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We have a new 2008 Tahoe deck boat. We shopped around,and went to several boat shows before we found this boat and we love it. I only have one issue. We had a problem in 2013 with the bottom end gear scraping. We took it back to the dealer and they replaced the gears. A $2000 bill. Well low and behold 3 years later we have the same issue. So in the spring we will have it fixed again. We love the boat, the size, room, and design fits our fun and fishing life style. Did anyone else have an issue like this?

scgirl6

Your post is in an old, inactive thread. It would be moved, but not idea where to put it. I suggest starting a new topic in the section for your I/O.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.