Fitting a transom shower

mikeauton

Seaman
I have a 2007 Monterey 194FS and would like to fit a transom shower, has anyone else fitted one to this or another boat?

Which one did you go for, why and how much did you pay?

Appreciate any help / advice :)

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fitting a transom shower

I installed a Shurflo Extreme ProBlaster washdown kit on my boat. @ $300 when all was said and done

Flow Rate GPM/LPM : 5.3 GPM [20.1 LPM]
Shut-Off Pressure : 45 PSI [3.1 BAR]

Self-Priming
Run Dry Capability
Sealed Switch
Seamless Motor Shell-Waterproof
Ignition Protected

JoLin

Vice Admiral

If you're building a new install from scratch with a raw water pump and intake, you'll need to go with marine stuff.

If you're going to tap into an existing, pressurized fresh water system on the boat, I've found that the plumbing fixtures on my boat are all the same as those sold for RV's, but the 'marine' stuff is nearly double the price. I replaced my transom shower head and hose 2 years ago with Camco RV stuff. It was identical. Exterior shower kits for RV's are the same as the 'transom' shower kits for boats.

My .02

mikeauton

Seaman

Thanks everyone. I use my boat in salt water and am installing from scratch. What I think I need is the shower head + hose, water tank + pump - there is a switch on my dash already as the boat came with an optional transom shower from new. So I would like to buy a complete kit.

So true that as soon as you add the word MARINE to a product, suddenly it doubles in price - quite criminal. I have plenty of space for the tank :)

I could look at the one from Monterey, but suspect this will be MARINE x 3! and really it does not look that complex to do myself.

Looked at the Nautic Expo website, but could not see a kit as such...?

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Our Sea Ray has a barbaric (by today's standards) washdown system, but it always worked great...

consists of a large pump that gets water from a valved thru-hull, at the other is just a standard brass water tap and an on/off switch mounted on the side wall about 6" up from the floor. Just hook up any water hose and nozzle and have at it.

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have a 2007 Monterey 194FS and would like to fit a transom shower, has anyone else fitted one to this or another boat?

Which one did you go for, why and how much did you pay?

Appreciate any help / advice :)

There is a pump by I believe.. Trac... It's $100 and it's portable. You don't have to worry about running it dry. We have one and it works fine. I don't know if it's for salt water. Lok for them on the net, a lot of stores sell them. It comes with hose, shower head that has 7 adjustments and is hand held.