1992 Ski Brendella Bilge Pump Location

jake69chevy

Recruit
Hey Boaters!
I purchased a 1992 Ski Brendella from my uncle a month ago. The interior is very clean and the Ford 351 PCM fires up and runs great with 285 hours on it. I am very happy with my purchase :joyous:

Where is the bilge pump? I looked everywhere under the engine, front, back, sides. There isn't much real estate under the inboard engine cover...So I don't think I am missing it. I took it out and noticed some water under the engine (not a lot but there shouldn't be hardly any from my understanding). The switch has a light that comes on and the fuse is good however, I turned it on and did not see any water shooting out (or even running out) of the small bilge hole in the right rear. I was also told the bilge pump is supposed to be automatic.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a service manual for this boat?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1992 Ski Brendella Bilge Pump Location

Hey Boaters!
I purchased a 1992 Ski Brendella from my uncle a month ago. The interior is very clean and the Ford 351 PCM fires up and runs great with 285 hours on it. I am very happy with my purchase :joyous:

Where is the bilge pump? I looked everywhere under the engine, front, back, sides. There isn't much real estate under the inboard engine cover...So I don't think I am missing it. I took it out and noticed some water under the engine (not a lot but there shouldn't be hardly any from my understanding). The switch has a light that comes on and the fuse is good however, I turned it on and did not see any water shooting out (or even running out) of the small bilge hole in the right rear. I was also told the bilge pump is supposed to be automatic.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Call yer Uncle, 'n ask Him where he hid it...

Or, follow the wires, or the hose to the pump...

Try Brendella for the manuals...

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I assume yours is an inboard. There will always be water dripping into the bilge from the driveshaft packing. Often the bulge pump is located just under the engine on an inboard. It might be further back near the driveshaft or rudder. Brendella went out of business but the same guy started MB boats.

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

Connect the battery and flip the switch. If it runs, follow the sound. If it's not running, find the through-hull outlet and follow the attached hose until you get to the pump.

charlies83318

Recruit

Hey Boaters!

I have a 93 SB. The bilge is under the battery which is behind the front bench seat. The auto float on the pump may be stuck or the water has not gotten deep enough to turn it on yet. Hope this helps. For you manual contact PCM or find one to download try here CorrectCraftFan.com Reference : Manuals.