What do you call the floor hatch that is primarily a square or oval ring with......?

Greg68S

Petty Officer 1st Class
What do you call the floor hatch that is primarily a square or oval ring with a carpeted board that is hingeless. I need to buy the stainless ring. I had to cut out a piece of the floor in my cabin to access and make a repair. But I want to keep that area accessible. I remember seeing these floor panels in smaller speed boats. Can anyone help me find what I'm looking for, I keep striking out. I keep finding floor storage hatches with hinges. This panel has to be able to be walked on and not noticed.:confused:

Pez Vela

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What do you call the floor hatch that is primarily a square or oval ring with....

A flush ring catch may be what you're looking for.

Attachments

• imgres.jpeg
    imgres.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

Greg68S

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What do you call the floor hatch that is primarily a square or oval ring with....

Close. I need the perimeter ring that supports the board that is removed by grabbing those rings.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My boat has one... Two actually, they support the lift off ski locker cover and in-floor cooler cover. And, I have no idea what they're called... :confused:

Greg68S

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's exactly what I need. That support. CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH A NAME!

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

let me see what stingray calls them in their parts list. Give me a few minutes

EDIT: it probably wont help, but stingray calls them "trim rings"
226.8027.jpg

226.8010.jpg

Looks like you can buy it in straight rail and it gets bent to shape:
ALUM, Z-BAR 3/4IN x 9FT
141.0057.jpg

Greg68S

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not there. My dimensions are 23L x 13W. I can go up to 29L

Greg68S

Petty Officer 1st Class

Taco metals is a great place but the don't offer the right bend.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Its an access panel. Funny, i just saw one for sale on CL.

foodfisher

Captain

Ski locker lid?

Greg68S

Petty Officer 1st Class

What's CL? I need to find something. I need to get the access built.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I got a screaming deal on a complete ski locker for my boat on ebay. http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/DSCF2506.jpg It was a complete hatch including the trim ring which is more than you need but it may be the best route for you to take. Search ebay for "ski locker", "ski hatch" or something like that.