attwood swivl-eze anyone use them advice needed

Pipeliner542

Seaman Apprentice
I was looking for some advice on seating. It is a 16' gregor bass style fishing boat. it has the bass boat style fishing seats one in front one in back plus the two fixed seats. I was looking at installing the attwood 3/4" pin floor plates front and rear and was wondering if the non threaded posts/plates were designed to be taken in and out of the mounts. I looked ant them at wall mart seemed that once they were snapped in they would be pretty hard to pull out. reason I asked was I fish by myself alot and didnt need all the seating in the boat. If they were easily removed i could just pull the post and move it between the front and rear mount. eliminating a seat in the boat when I didnt need it.

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: Atwood swivel-eze anyone use them advice needed

According to the Atwood Site, they are easily installed and removed.
Likely a lot easier to remove once the base is bolted down instead of trying to play Tug-of-War with yourself! :joyous:

Just a reminder .... The 3/4 pin seats are NOT to be used above trolling speeds!
Type "B" Slow speed - Not to be used at Helm position. For speeds Not to exceed 5mph.

BonairII

Commander

According to the Atwood Site,

Just a reminder .... The 3/4 pin seats are NOT to be used above trolling speeds!

Good to know....I was considering a 3/4 pin seat for my helm seat. Now I need to go with a different setup.

Pipeliner542

Seaman Apprentice
Re: attwood swivl-eze anyone use them advice needed

I saw the speed thing when I was first looking. That ruined my plans I was hoping to install 4 plates and just use the two seats. Front and rear would get the plates that are threaded (hold post to mount while popping off seat) once removed they would be installed at Helm/pass. and only have to have two seats in boat. and the reason i wanted the plated for helm/pass. is I bait fish off the back of the boat at night with a partner I could install posts at the helm and pass. seat and we could both fish off seats side by side facing rearward. ( Time to buy a different boat)

Tman18SS

Cadet

Pipeliner, Springfields keyed plug in pedestal set comes with locking seat swivel, post and base for about $82.00 and is rated AD so is good for any speed or boat position. This is the set I ended up with after buying the swivel eze set and finding it was only rated at 5mph. Here is a picture

boat112_zpsd2918c65.jpg

Pipeliner542

Seaman Apprentice

Looks good just what I was looking for thanks.