2004 Key West 1900 Sportsman

pic 20.jpgHi . I am looking to purchase this boat it is a 2004 Key West 1900 Sportsman with a 115 four stroke Yamaha also a 2004. The guy is asking $8,100.00 it need some cleaning up but wanted to know if you guys thought this was a good deal. I will be using it to fish on the intercoastal and off shore on days permitting in the Palm Beach gardens area. Does anyone have things I need to look for ? thanks for looking .

Attachments

• Boat Pic 5.jpg
    Boat Pic 5.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Pic 1.jpg
    Boat Pic 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Pic 3.jpg
    Boat Pic 3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Pic 4.jpg
    Boat Pic 4.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2004 Key West 1900 Sportsman

Sounds like a good deal, that motor alone would easily sell for $5000+, if its clean. Those 19' key wests are pretty nice, I almost bought one a few years back. Theres a million things to look for on a used boat. Things that need to be cleaned are no big deal, things that need to be repaired can add up quick. Ask if the guy has the boat serviced each year, and if so, ask who does the service. Often you can look at the zincs on the motor, the condition of the oil, and how much rust has started on the outside of the sparkplugs as an indicator of it being serviced lately. As for the boat, jeez i dont know where to start, mostly just make sure the transom is rock hard (motor doesnt flex it when you shake it), and that there are no soft spots anywhere.

i live in palm beach gardens area as well! maybe ill see you on the water one day, i fish inshore around north palm a good bit.

I am getting it from a friend who is going to lose it to the bank. It has mostly been used in freshwater but has been in salt water on occasion. My brother sent me pics of it and I am going to look at it this weekend. Tuppens Marine has a boat that is identical to it minus the T Top for 14,900.00. I most likely am going to pull the trigger and buy this. Time to sell my boat in my avatar.

Edit: Deleted FS portion.......... WIMUSKY

Last edited by a moderator:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I can't speak to prices there, but it's a great boat for what you want to use it for and you will pleased with the up-size. You really don't have to worry about the hull unless it's been sitting with the plug in and full of water for a year (or bow down).

But if it's been sitting, bring a remote gas tank and test the motor with it; then when you get hme you can check out the condition of the gas on board. You don't want to suck funky gas into it for the test.

If you can swing it, keep the small boat. You can't have too many boats, and you don't get much money for old ones.

BillysKW1900

Recruit

View attachment 183199Hi . I am looking to purchase this boat it is a 2004 Key West 1900 Sportsman with a 115 four stroke Yamaha also a 2004. The guy is asking $8,100.00 it need some cleaning up but wanted to know if you guys thought this was a good deal. I will be using it to fish on the intercoastal and off shore on days permitting in the Palm Beach gardens area. Does anyone have things I need to look for ? thanks for looking .

I think it a great deal, i got a 1995 Key West Sportsman for a bit less, but that deal has much more, the hard top, 4 stroke motor, i got the bimini top, and a 2 stroke 120 hp Evinrude, which is good, i love the boat but in the future looking for the hard top and 4 stroke 150 hp Evinrude. Im sure you will like that boat, ive been out in some pretty rough water in the open ocean San Diego, and it handled awesome.

Good Luck

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

welcome aboard, BillyRay. You may want to check the dates of what you respond to; when they are old and specific to a certain boat, they generally die off on the assumption the Original Poster (OP) has all the info he needs.

younggun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those boats are very common here in SC and those yamaha 4 strokes are every where and I've always heard good things about them.