Cobalt Humminbird Dept finder manual -- Help

206Cobalt

Recruit
I am looking for a manual for a 2000 cobalt 206 depth finder. Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Cobalt Humminbird Dept finder manual -- Help

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... You'll need to ID the Hummin'bird model, as Cobalt didn't build the sonar...

206Cobalt

Recruit

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... You'll need to ID the Hummin'bird model, as Cobalt didn't build the sonar...

I have attached a picture of the panel. The depth finder is the small rectangle LED panel to the right with the toggle switch to the right of the display. I hope the picture will help somebody identify the sonar. I am guessing it is a Humminbird because of a reference in the Boat Owners Manual.

Cobalt Panel.jpg

Levinz11

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Shouldn't the depth finder sit in the empty bracket on top of the dash?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

can you get in the console to see what's back there? Or find the transponder?

tpenfield

Staff member

Shouldn't the depth finder sit in the empty bracket on top of the dash?

No just like he said the LCD panel all the way to the right on the instrument cluster. Might be a 'Lowrance', unless you can see some specific markings. Is that toggle switch related to the Depth Finder? I am wondering if it was added or replaced from the original :noidea:.

Anyway, the quickest way to find out what it is would be to pop the instrument panel out for a look at the back side

206Cobalt

Recruit

No just like he said the LED panel all the way to the right on the instrument cluster. Might be a 'Lowrance', unless you can see some specific markings. Is that toggle switch related to the Depth Finder? I am wondering if it was added or replaced from the original :noidea:.

Anyway, the quickest way to find out what it is would be to pop the instrument panel out for a look at the back side

Yes the toggle switch is related to the depth finder. I made the assumption that it is original equipment(ouch). There are no markings on the display. Next time I am at the lake I will look at the back side and search for the transducer.

Thanks to all that have responded.

Dennis