1970 fish-n-ski restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

new_boater1990

Recruit
hello all first time thread here. I purchased a boat and trailer off craigslist for $50 due to i wanted a boat i could work on and restore. it is a 1970 fish-n-ski. I have so many ideas and plans for this boat but I'm not sure where to start. once its day light i plan on taking pictures and posting so you guys have a visual reference. here is a list of things that are absent or appear to be in a damaged condition. essentially its just the hull. it has no engine, steering, throttle, seats, etc. the transom looks to be a bit rotted at the top, i have yet to rip up the floor to inspect the stringers. it need to be re-painted. i do understand that the restoration is not going to happen over night and that it will cost. I am prepared to take on the challenge. I appreciate any and all responses.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 1970 fish-n-ski restoration

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

There is often nothing more expensive that a cheap boat.

Campylobacter

Chief Petty Officer

It looks as if you know exactly where to start: inspect the stringers. I would guess you will be doing a complete restoration, and you have come to the right site to learn how to do it.

This place loves pics! Please tell me you got a title for the boat and trailer. If you did, $50 bucks is a great deal.

jestor68

Commander

He lives in Georgia, so he won't need an titles; just a bill of sale. :)

new_boater1990

Recruit

thanks everyone. i will post pics first thing tomorrow. upon further inspection it looks like the top shell is riveted in so I'm going to drill out the rivets and take off the top portion. i drilled 3 holes into the transom with a a1/8 drill bit and the shavings where moist so transom build will be taking place this weekend. taking it 1 day at a time

floboater

Recruit
Sounds good hey. I have been offered a 14 ft fish and ski and it sounds like it's from that same time frame .70's the owner can not find the title nor does he remember the maker of the boat .do I need a title here in Florida I can even find a hin number .I have pics I am aware that it will take some work but it's a nice boat with a lot of potential. This my first time on this forum any help would be great.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Start a topic about your boat floboat

Its been over 3yrs since anyone posted to this topic.

Closed so it can drop back to the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.