Bow Rail Replacement ?

xperksx22

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. I have been looking for a new bow rail for my 1999 18ft Angler CC and havent had any luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? My last resort will be getting one custom made but I would much rather find a bow rail from a salvaged Angler or such. Thanks in advance.

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bow Rail Replacement ?

It's probably easier just to get one fabricated. I paid a guy $50 for one on my Galaxy last year when I converted the deck hardware to all stainless. The tubing is aluminum but it looks really good. Certainly better than the old bent one.

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class

In my experience, finding specific used parts like this is very difficult. If you live in Florida, or somewhere where boating is everywhere, then the chances may be better. Getting one custom made may not be all that expensive, call your local t-top fabricator.. a bow rail for an 18 footer cant be too bad. Maybe they could repair the one you already have?

xperksx22

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info guys I will def check out these options.

chriscraft254

Commander

If you have one made it will either be stainless or aluminum and niether is cheap. Plus then you have to make sure you have access to through bolt/nut them with backing plates if it isn't already build up in those areas. Alot of people with the center consoles decide to just take it off and patch the holes.

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

Try a boat canvass guy. We have tubing benders and rollers. I have repaired some with scrap pieces left over. sometimes only replacing the bent section of rail, or rolling out a bent section. You might get lucky finding an old boat being parted out, finding an exact match is nearly impossible. Boats are not as prevalent as cars in salvage yards if you find one the exact mke and model I would be taking more than railings and trim. I have been looking for a factory cabinet door for mj wellcraft on ebay for 4 years. gave up and made one from starboard.