Glasstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltin

Recruit
I bought a 24ft cc from Glasstream last year. They sale the boat claiming its 100% wood free but after drilling
a hole to install a new rod holder pulled out wood not fiberglass. Anyone got this problem or know what I should
do?

CK

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Glasstream

Call the dealer and manufacture and find out why. Not email, text, or online contacts, use the telephone.

They have answers, forum members that answer these types of posts only have opinions and/or guesses, no facts. They don't work there.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Yes,
Post pictures or it doesn't exist.
They DO claim 100% wood free construction
Glasstream Boats Home

This being a boat, and having been over a year, the only thing you can do is try to sue the manufacturer for some "damages" that you will somehow have to come up with.

Just a word of advice, the mod's here don't look kindly on first-time posters getting on here and bashing manufacturers with 0 proof to back your story up.

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Call the dealer and manufacture and find out why. Not email, text, or online contacts, use the telephone

^^^
+1
...and try not be "mad" when you call them. That webpage does say "non-deteriorating materials"...........

Mark

jestor68

Commander

I bought a 24ft cc from Glasstream last year. They sale the boat claiming its 100% wood free but after drilling
a hole to install a new rod holder pulled out wood not fiberglass. Anyone got this problem or know what I should
do?

CK
Install the rod holder and go fishing?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I have heard that most boats advertised as "wood free" aren't. There must be some kind of "standard" that lets them get away with it. For example, maybe the structural parts (stringer, transom) are wood free but there's wood in non-structural areas such as under the dashboard, walls of the console, under gunwales. I suspect that is what you are going to hear from them.

acarter92

Petty Officer 2nd Class

eh... Just seal them up good and go fishing :D

Austin

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

... and that would include CCA pressure treated plywood.

from Glasstream Boats Home

Glasstream said:
Glasstream?s? quality construction is evident upon first glace and even more so after a hard look; A 100% wood free construction.

If you click the link you'll see a big picture with "100% wood-free construction" on it as well.

I too would like to see a picture from the OP of the offending core... Look like some mighty expensive boats; I'd probably be pretty wound around the axle too if I didn't get what I was promised.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Umm, don't put "sue the manufacturer" on your to-do list. In the remote chance that you win, you will not come out ahead.

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

Where'd the op go?? Did he come on here to bash and dash?

Status
Not open for further replies.