BRP Control LHS to RHS conversion

nev4@pbr

Recruit
Hi All
PLEASE,, I need instructions / diagrams how to convert BRP controller for 2006 90hp Etec, from LHS mounting to RHS. Cant find any info in FAQ or other thread or any where & now its in pieces & I'm stumped. :facepalm:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: BRP Control LHS to RHS conversion

Welcome to iboats....

What you are trying to do ......is change sides with the control box or the steering???

Need a bit more information.

nev4@pbr

Recruit

The control unit, (for throttle & gear selection), is configured with the lever on its right side for port side mounting,, I need to get the lever to the left side for starboard side mounting. The control is easy to pull apart but the trim/tilt wire from the lever enters the control housing through a small hole & I cant see how to extract it because of the connector plug is larger than the hole & the other end is at the trim toggle switch & I don't want to attempt to disconnect the wires there & risk damaging the switch,, same applies to then re-connecting it through the same size hole on the other side of the control body,,
Hope this makes some sense,,
Ta NevW

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I am not sure they are even made to be mounted on the "other" side as a side mount control.

Many center consoles use a dash mounted control which mounts trough the surface of the helm.

I hope someone has some input because I am stumped.......... Have you tried a BRP dealer?