• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket Mercruiser Decals?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Mercruiser Decals?

Does anybody have a source of aftermarket decals suitable for placement on my alpha one outdrive? The current ones are the worst for wear. The OEM decals I find on line are apparently worth their weight in gold. I'm looking for something a little more reasonable.
    Jay Hanig
    Topsail Beach, NC USA
    1985 Galaxy 176 Bowrider
    "No Good Deed"

Re: Aftermarket Mercruiser Decals?

These are Aftermarket. Still spendy but, I don't think you'll find much cheaper Antique and Classic Outboard Motor Paint & Decals

I think these are a little better looking, but of course, more $$ too OutboardDecals.com - 1000's of Outboard Decals in Stock.
    1961 Custom Craft Sea Ray- 1964 Mercury 650. In family since new.

Comment

I know these on ebay are hard to beat for $29.00 shipped.
      Mercruiser Alpha One 1 Sterndrive Stern Drive Leg Transom Decal Sticker Set | eBay
      Toy - 2001 Glastron GX185, 4.3 Alpha One
      Tow rig - 2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Comment

Here's one set: Replacement & Reproduction Boat Logos from The Vinyl Approach.

Comment

I have the ones from ebay (29$). They look ok. I have have not tried them on my outdrive yet.

Comment

If you find a good set, lacquer over them so they stay nice for a long time. Just consult with the printer or do a test to see if it's compatible. Lots'o motorcycles do that and they last for ages doing that method.
            1 Cpt, 2 Labrador deck hands and a cat who thinks it's an Admiral.

1975 Fiberform Sedan 24', Mercruiser 888

Comment

Hit a local sign shop, they can set you up with anything you could want and it won't be even close to that spendy.
              GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayhanig View Post
                Does anybody have a source of aftermarket decals suitable for placement on my alpha one outdrive? The current ones are the worst for wear. The OEM decals I find on line are apparently worth their weight in gold. I'm looking for something a little more reasonable.
                I may still have a set laying around I never used. Send me an PM if you are interested. I would need to look in my storage unit.
                sigpic
                Member and Boat Safety Instructor with the Lakeland Sail and Power Squadron;
                www.lakelandsailandpower.info

Comment

Working...
                X