1998 OMC side mount control idle problem

Mike Drelich

Recruit
Replaced my side panel and side mount controller after reupolstering my 2000 190 Four Winns 4.3GL. I am now unable to idle down below 1500 RPM's. If I reach behind the side panel and grab the throttle cable at the point of attachment on the remote, then slightly pull aft, the idle will drop back down to it's normal operating range. However, once I increase speed and throttle down the idle returns to 1500 RPM.

Before I remove the panel once again I want to be absolutely certain that the problem is correctable at the side mounted control. Appreciate any help you can give to this new guy. Mike

Re: 1998 OMC side mount control idle problem

Hi, and welcome. Sorry I can't answer your question from experience, but logic tells me that you should pull the panel and recheck the control linkage.
At least my response will bump you back to the top - maybe a mod will move this to the OMC forum?

Mike Drelich

Recruit

Hi, and welcome. Sorry I can't answer your question from experience, but logic tells me that you should pull the panel and recheck the control linkage.
At least my response will bump you back to the top - maybe a mod will move this to the OMC forum?

Thanks Chief for the reply. Pulling the side panel is a pain in the you know what. So I'm hoping I get a more definate answer within a day or two. I was reading another post and it mentioned a friction screw inside the remote that controls idle speed. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Chief Bosun myself

southkogs

Staff member

Mike, if you can post a photo of your control. That'll help the guys give you a little advice.

Welcome aboard.