primer bulb mysterious breakage

rs4000

Recruit
picture:
http://i.imgur.com/tfShv.jpg

I bought a new Moeller primer bulb for my small outboard motor. I set the brand new unit on the handrail outside my front door yesterday afternoon. This morning I went outside and it was laying on the flagstone sidewalk, both nipples broken off.

I am really surprised that a drop of about 4 feet could break off BOTH of the nipples. I could imagine maybe one breaking off, like if it was a direct hit on the nipple. But both?

There are no teeth / beak marks at all, so it wasn't an animal. No cutting marks either, so not vandalism (I live a little ways from nearest neighbor). I don't know how it got on the ground either, wind maybe? Squirrel?

Are these things that fragile? Hope I can still salvage this unit. :(

Rob

cyclops2

Banned
Re: primer bulb mysterious breakage

I had 6 Moeller plastic gastanks from 2 different place ALL leak. I will never buy from them again.

Sure it could be another crappy run of parts from them.

Neighbor bought 3 of their bulbs. YUP would not pump.

Get a FULL refund. Including postage. Credit card purchase ? I hope. C C company SHOULD get all your money back for you. Including S & H fees.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

No I haven't used that specific brand but it its that fragile it will never stand up to any use, I use a lot of the attwood stuff.

cyclops2

Banned

Agreed. Never had a bad Attwood product.