External hot water heater/shower

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
My darling wife gave me, for my birthday.... an Ecotemp hot water shower for our boat. It appears that it is attached to the swim platform and uses a 20# propane tank.

Does any body have or know about these.

r.j.dawg

Ensign
Re: External hot water heater/shower

I've seen them used at camp sites. Seem to work pretty good from what I can tell. Is this for use on your boat or dockside? The reason I'm asking is the two I have seen were hooked up to a hose from a city water tap.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hey eastont,

I moved this to boat topis. Mo betta over here. Good luck with that. Was she sending you a message? :eek: :p

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

The problem is that where we boat, jumping in the water to wash is not so easy. The St.Lawrence was some pretty strong currents, so the idea is to stay above water on the swim platform.

We saw a boat with one earlier this summer but didn't pay too much attention as it wasn't something I was interested in.......until now.

Thanks GC

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

I jumped in the st lawrence one hot july day... I walked down from the I-81 bridge... that water was sooooo cold I don't know how it wasn't frozen!... There were plenty of crazy people acting like it felt good but I got out as fast as I could.... yep I'd say you NEED a water heater.... I'm sad to say though that I think you'd be better off with a fresh water tank and a marine unit....

IF you are able to mount this one You'll need a pretty decent pump... like a live well or washdown pump.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

I plan to attach it to a board and hang it, when needed, from the aft rail, with a pump system to use raw water from the freezing St. Lawrence River.