• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 31 ft Cruiser?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best 31 ft Cruiser?

The difference in price for the Formula is going to be in the quality of the materials. They typically use more stainless steel instead of aluminum or plastic versus other lines. There is a reason Formula is one of the premium brands, like Cobalt, Cruisers Inc, etc.
    1976 Mark Twain 200VBR w/Mercruiser 233 (Ford 351w) "Heart & Soul"

Comment

Have you looked at Tiara. Very high quality.
      1974 Century Resorter
      2008 JC Suntoon Triple Tube
      2007 Sea Doo Speedster SCIC

Comment

Originally posted by haulnazz15 View Post
        The difference in price for the Formula is going to be in the quality of the materials. They typically use more stainless steel instead of aluminum or plastic versus other lines. There is a reason Formula is one of the premium brands, like Cobalt, Cruisers Inc, etc.
        Yea, I like the Cruisers.... great boat, and high on my list. Cobalt is a bow rider, not interested. The jury is still our on spending a bunch more for a Formula.

Comment

Originally posted by smclear View Post
          Have you looked at Tiara. Very high quality.
          Tiara is fine, but only an inboard... I need the shallow benefits of an IO. Also, not fast and more of a fishing boat. I want creature comforts. But Tiara is a fine boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Seevee View Post
            Yea, I like the Cruisers.... great boat, and high on my list. Cobalt is a bow rider, not interested. The jury is still our on spending a bunch more for a Formula.
            Funny, there are some Cobalt Yachts that would beg to differ. Check out the Cobalt 373 or Cobalt 46, they'll hang with any other Yacht in the same size/class. Granted, I wasn't recommending Cobalt for your 31' cruiser, but was just referencing them being in the upper tier with Formula, Cruisers, and Chris Craft.
            1976 Mark Twain 200VBR w/Mercruiser 233 (Ford 351w) "Heart & Soul"

Comment

30' Chris Craft Constellation?
              197133' Chris Craft Coho/Catalina Sedan, twin CC 327QA's, Paragon V drives. Restoration in progress1985 Bayliner Capri 1952 (19' cuddy),OMC 3.0L. Restored with the knowledge here on iBoats'70 (circa) Amphicat 6x6 AATV, future Coho tender'87 Kawasaki 650SX, '90

Tow rig: '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible 455ci cude U 4BBL factory dual exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by F14CRAZY View Post
                30' Chris Craft Constellation?
                F14,

Did a search and came up empty. Did a search without Constellation and found only old boats 02 or earlier. Too old for me, unless I'm missing something. However, thx.

Comment

I bought a Maxum 3000 this year with twin 5.0s, Bravo 2 drives. I was worried about it being underpowered (11,000lbs). It goes 42 mph, jumps up on plane, has more power than I will ever need. We wanted a user friendly walk thru windshield for easy bow access which it has. Also has an open layout down below, swim platform is pretty small though. The company is out of business, but parts seem to be readily available.
                  2010 Achilles LSI 290, 3.5 Tohatsu 4 stroke
                  2000 Maxum 3000scr

Comment

Airdvr,

Yea, looked at them, don't like the layout, excepting the 330 Sport Yacht, which is a bit big for my mission.
                    What exactly about the layout did you not like? Did you look at used 290SCR, 282CR and 300 SCR ? All 3 have different layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by partskenn View Post
                      I bought a Maxum 3000 this year with twin 5.0s, Bravo 2 drives. I was worried about it being underpowered (11,000lbs). It goes 42 mph, jumps up on plane, has more power than I will ever need. We wanted a user friendly walk thru windshield for easy bow access which it has. Also has an open layout down below, swim platform is pretty small though. The company is out of business, but parts seem to be readily available.
                      Maxum was a Brunswick Marine product. They discontinued the line
                      Assault Squadron NINE
                      River Assault Division NINETY-ONE-1966

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Away View Post
                        What exactly about the layout did you not like? Did you look at used 290SCR, 282CR and 300 SCR ? All 3 have different layouts.
                        I was hoping to get the OP's answer to my question, but Thalasso must have scared him away.

Comment

The OP seems to be looking for a Four Winns 318 now.
                          RJP
                          2004 Four Winns 180 Freedom, 150 HP Evinrude Direct Injection
                          1974 Winner 280 Cruiser, t-302 225HP V-drives
                          2002 Gheenoe 13', 5HP Nissan 2 stroke
                          1981 Four Winns Marquise 180 Cuddy, Mercruiser 165HP I6 -- PROJECT

Comment

I am sure I'll get beat up for this, but the Bayliner 320 is a superb boat (2008+), and a great value. Loved it with twin 300 MPIs and Bravo 3s. Very honest 45 MPH boat. Nothing you don't need, and everything you do. I liked the 300 and 340 as well.

Decent review here: 2009 Bayliner 320 SOLD - YouTube
                            In God we trust. All others show us your data.

Comment

Good luck with the V318 search. Popular boat for short term ownership.

Comment

F14,

Did a search and came up empty. Did a search without Constellation and found only old boats 02 or earlier. Too old for me, unless I'm missing something. However, thx.
                                There actually was a 25 or 26' Constellation but I had the classics in mind...while I feel they have the best craftsmanship of any boat produced I was not suggesting them to make a serious suggestion in this thread
                                197133' Chris Craft Coho/Catalina Sedan, twin CC 327QA's, Paragon V drives. Restoration in progress1985 Bayliner Capri 1952 (19' cuddy),OMC 3.0L. Restored with the knowledge here on iBoats'70 (circa) Amphicat 6x6 AATV, future Coho tender'87 Kawasaki 650SX, '90

Tow rig: '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible 455ci cude U 4BBL factory dual exhaust

Comment

Working...
                                X