id on fiberform id plate is blank not ableto read

sparky55

Recruit
its a 16 ft tri hull 120 omc matching out drive bow mounted window walk threw with a step forward center helm. metal name plates easy loader trailer.All original no interior. bill of sale on it. Need model and year will try to post pic

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Re: id on fiberform id plate is blank not ableto read

See if you can find a number stamped into the transom of the boat (outside usually under the rub rail). There's not much out there about Fiberform boats, not even on Fiberglassics. I'm gonna' guess that one is pre 1975, and probably more like a '71 - '73: but I'm guessing at that based on the Electric Shift Stringer and steering system.

If there's a capacity plate (typically up near the helm somewhere) they'll usually have model information on them too.

Cool lookin' boat. Welcome aboard.

sparky55

Recruit

:)
See if you can find a number stamped into the transom of the boat (outside usually under the rub rail). There's not much out there about Fiberform boats, not even on Fiberglassics. I'm gonna' guess that one is pre 1975, and probably more like a '71 - '73: but I'm guessing at that based on the Electric Shift Stringer and steering system.

If there's a capacity plate (typically up near the helm somewhere) they'll usually have model information on them too.

Cool lookin' boat. Welcome aboard.

thanks ill keep looking any pis of what interior looked like

southkogs

Staff member

Forgot to mention - boats of that era were not required to show a HIN on the hull, so that number might not be there (50/50 shot). Most of them did have a capacity plate (mine's a '72 and had one, and I've had a couple of tubs from the 50's and 60's that had 'em). That plate is a roughly 5 x 5 plate with the manufacturer's information. On a boat like yours the plate would generally be up on gunwale by the helm. But again, not required so it may not be there.

Silverline made a similar style boat called the Antigua in that same time frame. You can see it HERE.