question on these buttons

ls1adam

Seaman Apprentice
so i have an outdated switch panel and just wanted to clarify what these button do.

also can i update these to toggle switches???

now im pretty sure i know what the first 3 do.

now the nav lights, are those the dash/gauge lights??
anc light i believe is for the attachable light in the rear of the boat?
what is accessory for?

Attachments

• S5003537.jpg
    S5003537.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: question on these buttons

those are circuit breakers

ls1adam

Seaman Apprentice

but they act like switches

there are no other buttons, switches or anything.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Actually, those are combination thermal breakers/switches. If you push it in the selection gets power but if it's shorted they pop. Pressing them a second time releases them. You can replace them with toggles and a fuse panel or inline fuses if you want.

The pump man and pump auto are for the bilge pump if auto is selected the pump will come on automatically as needed. If the manual is selected it will run until the button is pushed again and released. They're sort of unreliable because they wear out and won't stay in.

ls1adam

Seaman Apprentice

ok cool thank you for the reply. im making a new panel so o wanted to update them to toggles. looks like thats a winter project

etracer68

Ensign

Nav Lights, = red/green bow light, dash lights, anc light (long pole with white light). Must be on while running at night.
Ach light,= sometimes dash lights, not needed, as you are anchored, anc light, when anchored at night ( must be on).
Accessory= anything, as in "ACCESSORY"

If your replacing the switches, I like the ones with the breakers, and switch, inline. That way, you dont have to use a seperate fuse panel.

http://www.iboats.com/ROCKER-SWITCH...9362480--session_id.625113894--view_id.938296

Last edited:

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

that ACCESSORY could be an Ejection Seat switch:eek:....be careful !!!
Or it could activate an audiblel signal to females to remove their tops! ...be very careful!:cool: