2005 Sun Tracker Party Deck 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty Fisher

Recruit
I just joined the group and am hoping someone can help answer a question. Recently, I purchased the Party Deck 21 with a 4.3L Mercruiser. The boat runs great but sprays a lot of water both to the sides of the boat and often to the front. The spray in front then flies back and soaks everyone in the boat. I have to trim the motor as high as possible to minimize the spray. The hull does not appear to have any damage. I'm assuming this is not normal and hope someone has an idea to alleviate or minimize the problem. Thanks in advance for your comments.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 2005 Sun Tracker Party Deck 21

Welcome to iboats:cool:

Trimming the drive up after getting on plane is normal procedure, but you may have a weight distribution problem. Do you have passengers in the bow while underway? You may have to move some weight toward the stern.

Any porpoising with the drive all the way up?

Rusty Fisher

Recruit
Re: 2005 Sun Tracker Party Deck 21

Welcome to iboats:cool:

Trimming the drive up after getting on plane is normal procedure, but you may have a weight distribution problem. Do you have passengers in the bow while underway? You may have to move some weight toward the stern.

Any porpoising with the drive all the way up?

Thanks for the response. Only had my wife and 2 kids in the back of the boat and we were not porpoising. I had the trim as high as possible without cavitating and we still had an occasion drenching.

fisherindark

Cadet
Rusty, did you ever find out what is wrong with boat? I purchased one in may and every time I take it out we all get soaked from water coming over the bow.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Rusty, did you ever find out what is wrong with boat? I purchased one in may and every time I take it out we all get soaked from water coming over the bow.

Rusty never returned 6 years ago. Start a new thread please.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.