Boat service on Smith Mountain Lake, VA

sktn77a

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi All:

I just bought a 2004 Chaparral 204 SSi with the Volvo 5.0GXi engine and SX outdrive. Wonderful boat! I would like to get the boat thoroughly gone over before I winterize it. Unfortunately, the previous owner, while obviously looking after the boat cosmetically, had no service records to support the work he said had been done. Accordingly, I would like to change all fluids, plugs, impeller, etc, and any other wear items that might need attention. I also would like them to check the engine and outdrive over for any issues and to replace any other parts that might need to be replaced.

Anybody know of a dealer/mechanic/marina on Smith Mountain Lake that is completely reliable for such work?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

daveguglielmone

Recruit
Re: Boat service on Smith Mountain Lake, VA

Hi All:

I just bought a 2004 204 SSi with the Volvo 5.0GXi engine and SX outdrive. Wonderful boat! I would like to get the boat thoroughly gone over before I winterize it. Unfortunately, the previous owner, while obviously looking after the boat cosmetically, had no service records to support the work he said had been done. Accordingly, I would like to change all fluids, plugs, impeller, etc, and any other wear items that might need attention. I also would like them to check the engine and outdrive over for any issues and to replace any other parts that might need to be replaced.

Anybody know of a dealer/mechanic/marina on Smith Mountain Lake that is completely reliable for such work?

Thanks in advance,

Keith,
We have been using the following service for many years. Steve, the owner does the service and knows what he is doing. His prices are very reasonable and when/if you have a problem, he will be there quickly. Highly recommend him. He knows his stuff.

Steve Mills Boat Repair
180 Little Mountain Cir
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
(540) 334-2257

Dave

sktn77a

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Dave, I'll definitely check this out.

boatersml

Recruit

We use All Seasons Marine service. http://allseasonsboats.com/

Mike Zimmerman is the owner.

I've used these guys since 2004. They are good enough that we trust them with our High performance boat in additional to our cruiser. Stand up guys that I trust enough that they have their own set of keys for access to my boats to ensure they have any needed access to keep our boats in tip top shape.

All Seasons Marine Service Inc.
11568 Smith Mountain Lake Pkwy
Huddleston, VA 24104

sktn77a

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We use All Seasons Marine service. http://allseasonsboats.com/

Mike Zimmerman is the owner.

Thanks, yes, I've heard good things about these guys from others. Unfortunately, the lake level has been so low this last month I couldn't get the boat into the water to get it serviced. So I'm just going to have someone come over and winterize it and get the other service work done in the spring (when, hopefully, AEP will be ahead of budget and won't be spilling so much water through the dam!)

boatersml

Recruit

Thanks, yes, I've heard good things about these guys from others. Unfortunately, the lake level has been so low this last month I couldn't get the boat into the water to get it serviced. So I'm just going to have someone come over and winterize it and get the other service work done in the spring (when, hopefully, AEP will be ahead of budget and won't be spilling so much water through the dam!)

They also make service calls. The majority of service I get, they come to our dock.

sktn77a

Petty Officer 3rd Class

They also make service calls. The majority of service I get, they come to our dock.

Thanks, I ended up having Magnum Boating (Chaparral dealer on the lake) come out by land yesterday to winterize the boat. I'll have the other service work done on it in the spring. The mechanic that came out said he didn't think their service boat could have got close enough to the dock to have done all the work that I wanted anyway (as you know, the lake level has been at a 5 year low for the last 2 months). I got a couple of good PM recommendations for them on this forum and they seemed to do a very thorough and knowledgeable job.

Thanks to all for your feedback and recommendations.