Watersports with a 2352

RandyBC

Seaman
So I'm sitting here waiting for delivery of a 2001 2352 with 5.7L 250HP so that I can do some serious fishing out here on the west coast. My kids want to know if they can wakeboard/waterski/tube behind this boat? If so, is there any additional hardware that is required? I believe that there is an eye on the transom that one could tie a rope to but is it strong enough? I would be interested in hearing from those familiar with this boat and their experiences and suggestions on watersports (or anything else for that matter).
Thanks
Randy

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Re: Watersports with a 2352

Welcome to iboats, Randy, glad to have another new member on the forums.

I imagine you won't have any problems doing the watersports thing...just might be costly on the gas. You might consider a ski harness with a pulley to help distribute the load as skiers cross the wake. Good Luck

RandyBC

Seaman

Thanks Richard for the reply and the welcome.

I don't worry too much about the gas considering that it won't be the boats primary use. I was wondering how people have secured tow ropes for wakeboards. It seems the only reasonable place to attach is the two eyes located on the transom. That would seem a little low on the water. I was wondering what other owners have done.

Regards
Randy

oldjeep

Admiral

I sure wouldn't want to waterski off that, but tubes and wakeboards should be fine. I'd add a standard rope eye with appropriate backing plate towards the top of the transom