How not to sink a boat

Keepi time

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Alright, I have accidentally left the plug out before and thought it would be the last time. That was 12 years ago, well amazingly I did it again. This time the boat was on the boat lift and was letting a friend drive some other friends to the island to meet me. This is my father in laws boat. When they get there I see one of them with a 5 gallon bucket throwing out water. As soon as I saw this I realized what I had done. Here is the kicker. As I jump in the boat, I hit the bilge pump to start pumping the water out, I look back at the batteries that are located in the bildge area and realize they are pretty much under water. Luckily they did not short and was able to get the water out, plug in and safe boating the rest of the day. Anyone know how the batteries did not short out?

emoney

Commander
Re: How not to sink a boat

They're sealed so if it was just "almost under" that's why. Sounds like you were really lucky. Pay the appropriate offering to the boating gods and be thankful.

Keepi time

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How not to sink a boat

Exactly, I will be offering anything an everything to the boating Gods for this one, as I believe this could have been disastrous. Although these were not sealed, both positive and negative terminals are exposed. Not going to dig too deep on this as I hope it never happens again.