Starcraft motor/engine compartment cover

willguid

Recruit
I have a great 22-ft 1975 Starcraft Chieftan with a Mercruiser 140 (3L) I/O drive. When I got the boat it was very solid and water worthy, but had been used simply to dive from....most of the interior was removed/trashed and the engine compartment cover was simply gone. I have fashioned one, but I would like to replicate the factory cover. Being in the deep south, Starcraft vessels are rare, so I don't have any idea of what the "original" interior/motor cover looked like. Would anyone be willing to share pictures of their interior and motor compartment cover with me? As a newbie to this forum, I don't know how to attach pictures yet, but I'd be happy to once I get the hang of it

bgc

Ensign
Re: Starcraft motor/engine compartment cover

Take a look in the Starcraft section.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Starcraft motor/engine compartment cover

Go back a bunch of pages, 5 or 8 or more on this forum. There is a guy from Canada that bought a brand new Starcraft, , , can't rightly remember the name, , Islander, weekender, , any way it's a big IO, the post was about the problems he had with it.. He posted some pictures of it and if memory serves there was a picture of his engine housing. It wouldn't be true to your vintage, but it will give you something to go off of. Could make it retro.
Either that or go on the net and see if you can find picture or sales brochures for the Starcraft Islander/Weekender, , which ever one it was.
The cool thing about having a "naked" boat is you basically have a fresh canvas on which you can basically redesign you whole interior.
I kind of did that on a 17 foot Lund about 12 years ago. The floor was shot to the point I basically vacuumed it up. But I rewired the entire boat, new bilge pump, interior lights, , extra interior lights, made some better storage, but for the most part kept the boat original. It was a lot of fun!! Only draw back is that I had to add about 10-15 minutes to each outing as more often than not somebody stopped to ask about my boat.