Transom Shower ???

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Afternoon everyone, I have a DUMB questions for you. I have a 2001 Monterey 262 and the water pump works just fine, the cabin shower, the sink, the cockpit sing all have good presure, but when I turn on the transom shower it has no water presure at all.

I guess my question is: does the transome shower uses a diferent water pump? What should I be looking for here? Is this a separate system?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Transom Shower ???

It uses the same pump as the rest of the fresh water supply. It should be easy to see the plumbing from the engine room. If I had to guess I'd say there's a good chance that a PO capped or bypassed it. Anyway, take a look.

My .02

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

If it's still getting water out, then it's not capped. There may be one of three different problems, depending on what set up you have.

Easiest: Kinked hose for the hand held shower. Some times they get twisted up being pulled out and stowed again. It might just be kinked. You can try flowing water out of it while pushing the hose back into the bilge to see if the flow increases. If no joy, then you'll have to get into the bilge and actually lay hands on the entire length of the hose, from the nozzle back to the fitting.

Next: Clogged shower head. Remove and clean the gunk, screen, and open the spray head holes with a piece of wire or other suitable tool.

Then: Faulty pressure/flow assembly in the shower water valve. Does yours have a hot and/or cold water knob for regulating the pressure and flow of the shower? Some are just on/off and some have a set up like a residential shower. Disassemble and clean.

Last case: Remove the incoming water line from the shower assembly and check to see if there's adequate water pressure getting there. If there is, keep moving forward until you find the obstruction. If not, keep moving back until you find it.

Good luck...keep us posted.

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well thank you very much to all for the help and advice but I have to admit niewbiness got in the way big time. followed the line all the way back no tangle at all, removed the shower handheld (sorry dont know the name) veriify for any obstruction non what so ever. turn on the pump, open the knob and gues what. exelent pressure!!!!! then I finally notice that the handheld has a small botton that acts like a lock, push the other way a tadaaaaaa we have shower again!!!

Yes my friends lack of commun sence and stupidity ais a talent! LOL
Anyway thanks for the help and advice it is greatlly appretiated by this niewbie

JoLin

Vice Admiral

LOL- happens to all of us. Just look around at the number of folks here whose motor wouldn't turn over, and spent an hour troubleshooting the electrical system... to find out that the gearshift lever wasn't in neutral :facepalm:

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Well thank you very much to all for the help and advice but I have to admit niewbiness got in the way big time. followed the line all the way back no tangle at all, removed the shower handheld (sorry dont know the name) veriify for any obstruction non what so ever. turn on the pump, open the knob and gues what. exelent pressure!!!!! then I finally notice that the handheld has a small botton that acts like a lock, push the other way a tadaaaaaa we have shower again!!!

Yes my friends lack of commun sence and stupidity ais a talent! LOL
Anyway thanks for the help and advice it is greatlly appretiated by this niewbie

My transom shower had the same handle. The idea is to leave the water turned on and shut it off with the button. Poor design. Lends itself to forgetting to turn the water off. I switched mine to a new handle with a flat on/off handle, sort of like a garden hose. Much better design and was only $10.

bgc

Ensign

LOL- happens to all of us. Just look around at the number of folks here whose motor wouldn't turn over, and spent an hour troubleshooting the electrical system... to find out that the gearshift lever wasn't in neutral :facepalm:
...or left the plug out, the safety lanyard, straps on the trailer, winch line...