Windshield Wiper Arm Removal

r.j.dawg

Ensign
I have to replace my wiper motor and have tried to get my wiper arm assembly off. No way this thing is budging. There doesn't seem to be any sort of "C" clip holding it on. :confused: Is there some sort of trick to getting it off?

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Windshield Wiper Arm Removal

I have to replace my wiper motor and have tried to get my wiper arm assembly off. No way this thing is budging. There doesn't seem to be any sort of "C" clip holding it on. :confused: Is there some sort of trick to getting it off?

No C clip eh, ok what about the top pops off and there is a screw underneath or the wiper arm has a slider bracket that slides under the shaft??

Just a thought

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Ya, it's got me baffled. I don't think I have seen one that seems to be just pressed on. Unless I'm missing something. I'll post a couple of pics in case someone else has come across this.

IMG00229-20120629-1102.jpg

IMG00227-20120629-1101.jpg

Thalasso

Commander

In the second pic. At the bottom where the arm attaches to to motor shaft, that gray thing is a cap. It lifts up from the bottom edge. Under there you will probably find a set screw holding the arm on. You might need some PB blaster to get arm off after removing set screw

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Well, as it worked out, I tryed to pry up on the grey cap but my screwdriver slipped and jammed up against the wiper arm where it attaches to the motor stub. I noticed it moved slightly so I put it in between the grey cap and the wiper arm as indicated by the red lines in the attached photo, and gave it a pry and off it popped. Thanks all for the help.

IMG00229-20120629-1102-1.jpg