wiring harness part# and specs to go from dash board to the tilt/trim pump (mercury)

mainman1

Recruit
1975 16' Starcraft Jupiter with a 1975 mercury 500 thunderbolt 50hp outboard. I was able to buy the dual ram cylinders, pump, and solenoids from a 84 mercury mariner on EBAY. Ive got all the installation instructions and the adapter kit to install the unit. Now i need to find out the part# for the wiring harness that fits the 3 spaded connection that on the pump/solenoid unit and from there it runs up to the dash board. I would like to connect an up/down switch and up/down gauge. Hopefully some of you have this info and some wiring specs. Would love to hear from ya. Thanks

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: wiring harness part# and specs to go from dash board to the tilt/trim pump (merc

I do not think you will find a trim gauge for that motor. I don't think one was ever made. The PTT harness included a wire for power, down and power up, at the pump, but about 5 wires at the trim panel. These extra wires went to the trim limit switch and the middle button was wired to "trim" the motor until the limit switch opens. To "Tilt" the motor all the way up, required pushing both middle and up buttons at the same time. BTW - The trim limit switches often break, so most just bypassed them.

If it were me I would use a 3 wire PTT harness with a marine SPDT switch on the dashboard, unless you have a switch on the controls. Use some heavy duty wire as the solenoids can draw 5A or so. Do you have one or two solenoids?