2503 CC aft bilge pump replacement--I need longer and thinner arms!!

ZeeManster

Recruit
Anyone have any tricks or clues for replacing the aft bilge pump in 2503 CC? I can't even touch it by reaching into the deck plate holes. :confused::(

what to do what to do.....

ZeeManster

Recruit
Re: 2503 CC aft bilge pump replacement--I need longer and thinner arms!!

Boat is a 2005 Trophy center console :)

Cowthief

Seaman

We have the 19 ft Trophy CC and we just replaced the cartridge not the whole bilge pump. But we used velcro to a broom and when it "snapped" into the fitting it held it enough for the velcro to let go. Wasn't very exciting but worked

ZeeManster

Recruit

Great idea....but...how did you get the cartridge out to begin with? I was thinking of using one of the extended grabber things that assist the disabled with reaching things on shelves, but I didn't think I would be able to get the pincers to sit on the tabs squarely enough to get the cartridge out.

This is one of the few inconveniences on an otherwise great, user friendly boat with a lot of creature comforts?

The pump works fine manually, but the automatic switch doesn't. I am the type where everything has to work perfectly or else i go crazy.

Thank you very much for your input.

Cowthief

Seaman

I am not really sure, my father and brother took it out...I was the person putting the new one in the next day lol. We also had compartments on the port and starboard sides just had to stuff my head and get in there. I see you only have an access panel

nikon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We used the grabber arms to replace the pump in my dads 34' Sea Ray. We got a different brand of pump so the whole thing had to come out. I would suggest a long flat head screw driver to release the tabs holding the pump to the base. Remember there's usually a free floating screen in there that needs to stay.