1993 Marada 21 Foot Need Trim Tabs

Fritz3

Recruit
I have a 1993 Marada 21 foot cuddy cabin and would like to know if it is possible to install bennett trim tabs. Thanks

Maclin

Admiral
Re: 1993 Marada 21 Foot Need Trim Tabs

Welcome aboard!

Can you post some pics of the stern and transom area? I am sure there is room but it is always good to get as much info as possible to get the best advice.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Hi Fritz3,

Bennett 10" x 12" M120s would be a great choice for your Marada. As Maclin points about a picture of your boat's transom would be very helpful see who they best could be mounted.

I am going to do a Google search and see if I can find a picture.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Does your boat look like this?

img_12209977_01.jpg

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

mtt.jpg

I found this. The Trim Tabs are not in the ideal location, the should be further outboard towards the chines, but they will work well.

If I was able to see a side view of the transom with some measurements I think the Trim Tabs could be moved outboard with the tops of the actuators (rams) mounted on the overhanging part of the transom.

Last edited:

Fritz3

Recruit

Yes my boat transom looks exactly like "son of a beach" and the other boat. I just thought where those tabs were mounted they were to close to the center of the boat. Where that center strake is i have roughly 7" to where the transom overhangs. That is a good thought if I could mount the top of the cylinders to the bottom of the overhang if you think that would work.