Plus 1 for Nauticus/Smart Tabs Exeptional Customer Service

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer
Just want to give a shout out for Nauticus' GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE that went well above and beyond to make me a happy satisfied customer as they have for so many others. Long story short, I was experiencing a severe prop ventilation problem in all areas of handling in my boat and had determined the cause to be my ST1290-60 Smart tabs. I had purchased these in 2007, but had never installed them until just recently (Long, long boring story so I'll spare you).

I first checked the current application chart on the Nauticus site and confirmed the tabs and 60 pound shocks were just too big for my boat with the chart showing the 980-40 being the correct ones instead.

Not having the money to buy a complete new kit, I decided to call Nauticus. On speaking with John he assured me the size of my tabs would work fine and that all I really needed to do was go to the 40lb. shocks. He explained that the 60lb. shocks were just too strong and were lifting the back of the boat too much causing the prop to ventilate. From my own experience they were also causing the bow to plow such that only a lot of trimming of the motor would lift it.

What followed in my conversation with John is where the above and beyond comes in as he offered to send me both shocks for have price since had only just installed the tabs and to pay for them only after I had tried them out. To my further surprise the shocks arrived in just 3 days from when I spoke with him and with new updated mounting hardware kits included at no charge for either them or shipping. This was incredible as it is far more than I had any right to expect having been entirely my fault for purchasing the wrong tab kit in the first place and so long before installing it. :facepalm: Oh and the new shocks did fix the problem and are performing wonderfully and entirely as advertised. My wife even commented "how much smoother the boat rides now" which is actually saying a lot since it always did provide a comparatively smooth ride anyway. Also, I'm really enjoying the very stable 30mph tight turns that it wouldn't do before.

So thanks John and Nauticus for the wonderful customer service. The check is in the mail ... Really!

-- Jeff, one very satisfied customer :)