Shower Drain Remove and Replace?

JoLin

Vice Admiral
I have the shower sump box apart awaiting a new float switch. While I'm at it I'd like to replace the old corroded drain fitting inside the shower. Anyone know how these come off, and where to find a replacement? I've googled and can't seem to find that part anywhere. The drain hose from the fitting into the sump box pump is 3/4" I.D.

Any help appreciated.

(btw, being new to the boat last year and never using an on-board shower before, I was unaware that the float switch had failed. I apparently spent at least part (maybe all) of last summer flooding the box and having it flow out into the forward bilge. I just scooped 16 gallons of water out of there with a plastic cup. :facepalm:)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Shower Drain Remove and Replace?

They are usually just pressed in and sealed with 5200 or something similiar.

Thalasso

Commander

I have the shower sump box apart awaiting a new float switch. While I'm at it I'd like to replace the old corroded drain fitting inside the shower. Anyone know how these come off, and where to find a replacement? I've googled and can't seem to find that part anywhere. The drain hose from the fitting into the sump box pump is 3/4" I.D.

Any help appreciated.

(btw, being new to the boat last year and never using an on-board shower before, I was unaware that the float switch had failed. I apparently spent at least part (maybe all) of last summer flooding the box and having it flow out into the forward bilge. I just scooped 16 gallons of water out of there with a plastic cup. :facepalm:)

If there is a next time, use a shop vac with the filter removed

JoLin

Vice Admiral

If there is a next time, use a shop vac with the filter removed

Yeah, I know. The standing water was only about 1" deep near the sump, so I just started bailing into a bucket. 'It's only an inch of water, this'll be quick.' LOL.

I guess nobody knows where to get a replacement drain? The only 'marine' unit I can find online is a Scandvik with a 1" nipple. Maybe I sholuld be looking at Home Depot?

JoLin

Vice Admiral

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the link, but they don't have it either. Kitchen sink drains (not right for a shower) and flush deck drains with a way too big hose nipple. I might have to go with the Scandvik and reduce the outlet from 1" to 3/4". I'm really surprised that these things are so hard to find.

Contact Four Winns and see where they get the OEM unit they install in their boats?