Snap on cover help. Please

wrxblue05

Recruit
I've got a 2004 Larson sei 180 , in need of a new snap on cover for the (cockpit). The bow snap on cover is fine, my other one is torn up and in need of being replaced. Everywhere I look online is for exact fit covers which cover the entire boat but I can not find any that just snap on the oem buttons that are around the boat. Anyone have any links? I've googled, ebay'd, no luck.:confused:

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Snap on cover help. Please

Take it to an upholstery place.They will be able to match a cover to the buttons. We had to do that with a pervious boat after raiin caved in the cover. Not cheap but possibly easier to do than searching for a cover.

wrxblue05

Recruit

Just looking for an oem replacement snap on cover. They should sell them somewhere right? Or do they not come with these snap on covers? I'm not sure if it was added by the previous owner or if it's stock.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

if you cannot get one from Larson which is unlikely then you will need to find out where they got yours from Taylor Made is a good possibility, but the best and fastest way to get one made is exactly what stubbs said, your location would allow us to help you further.

Philster

Captain

Just looking for an oem replacement snap on cover. They should sell them somewhere right? Or do they not come with these snap on covers? I'm not sure if it was added by the previous owner or if it's stock.

The replacement cover needs to fit exactly right, sometimes the only way to accomplish this is to have an actual upholstery shop send someone out to take exact measurements, which allows them to stitch a cover that works with the exact locations of your snaps.

Things such as bimini tops can be had as factory leftovers as they require a less precise fit. Here are some from Larson:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/category-1/31_911_933-oem-parts-and-accessories-biminis-and-covers.html

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

many of the oem covers come with the snaps not installed. if you have a snap tool, its easy.

or I suggest the upholstery shop.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

I got a factory cockpit and bow cover from Doug Russell Marine on ebay. It is made with Sunbrella fabric and it perfectly fits my '97 Larson 186 SEi. They have all sorts of Larson stuff on their ebay site. They are good to deal with, and had very helpful and prompt customer service. If you can't find their ebay storefront, PM me and I'll send you a link.

Bear in mind that you'll need to attach the snaps yourself. (You have to match the snaps on the cover to the buttons on the boat.) I did it with some guidance from helpful folks here, and it wasn't too hard.

Best,
Jim