Stern Navigation Light Question

aaarneson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a perko base in the rear of my boat for the all around navigation light. But I am having problems finding a replacement light because the perko base is a screw in and it seems all lights come with a plug in base.

Not sure what to do...Do I need to replace the base with one that allows a plug in?

Thanks

SteveMcD

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Stern Navigation Light Question

I have a perko base in the rear of my boat for the all around navigation light. But I am having problems finding a replacement light because the perko base is a screw in and it seems all lights come with a plug in base.

Not sure what to do...Do I need to replace the base with one that allows a plug in?

Thanks

That seems inescapable. If you are limited by stock on hand, you are limited to stock on hand.

04fxdwgi

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks

The screw in part is the plastic locking collar on the shaft. The electrical contacts are still push in, if I'm not mistaken. Replaced my stern light with the Attwood LED unit, but had to swap out the locking collar from the old unit to the new one. Once I did that, all worked perfectly.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

For simplicity sake, I would replace the base unit. In the event you lose/break your screw-in light, what would you do if needed an immediate replacement? Go with the standard and you can find them almost anywhere.