bennett m120 tabs vs normal tabs

snowman51789

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im lookin at gettin m120 tabs can anbody tell me if there is an draw back over normal tabs?

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
Re: bennett m120 tabs vs normal tabs

Snowman51789,

The M120 is our most popular Trim Tab kit and is usually the best choice for most boats from about 19 to 23 feet in length. What type of boat are you thinking about installing them on?

snowman51789

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ive got a 90 wellcraft eclipse 216, its 21 1/2 foot and it weighs 3300 (according to wellcraft specs). What are the pros and cons over the normal 12x12 tabs? I am pretty picky and i dont want to end up switching them out down the road.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Snowman,

You would not be able to notice any difference in performance between the 12 x 12 and M120 system on your boat.

The 10" x 12" M120 generates just about the same amount of lift as the standard 12" x 12" Trim Tabs. This is due to the downward facing fins on each side of the Tabs. These fins capture water pressure that is usually lost out the sides of a flat Tab and channels it aft to create additional lift. With it's smaller mounting footprint the M120 is often easier to mount on a transom that may have a transducer and or speedo pickup mounted on it. Additionally the fins limit the spray thrown out the sides of the Tab, allowing it to be mounted closer to a transducer without creating interference.
M80sportab2.jpg

The M120 comes standard with shorter actuators (rams) than the 12" x 12" making it much easier to mount under a swim platform if you have one on your transom.
Polarm120inches.jpg

We simplified the hydraulic connections in the M120 allowing them to be installed without needing to access the inside of the transom. The tubing is connected directly to the actuator before it is installed and pushed into the boat where is is connected to the hydraulic power unit.
m80-5.jpg

m80-6.jpg

I hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any other questions.